Welcome to the Support Shrewsbury website, operated by Shrewsbury BID, the purpose of which is specifically for participating businesses to advertise and sell vouchers and/or products/goods/services/experiences for their business
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS OF BUSINESS
Each and every user in using this website is agreeing to these Terms of business without any variation. If you do not agree to do so then please leave the website.
WEBSITE OPERATOR AND PARTIES
The website provides information for prospective and current businesses about how Support Shrewsbury’s services including, but not limited to, promotion and marketing services and how these can help businesses effectively advertise their Goods and Services to potential and existing customers through Support Shrewsbury’s website.
Any Goods or Services advertised by any business shall clearly identify the businesses name and shall accord with any written specification provided on the website, will be safe and fit for their intended use and shall be of merchantable quality.
It is a condition of your use of the website, you agree that:
- you are an individual person at least 18 years of age;
- you possess the authority to create a binding legal obligation;
- your use of the website will at all times comply with these Terms of Business ;
- you must safeguard your password and supervise the use of your account, and understand and agree that you are responsible for the use of your account by anyone you allow to access it;
- you have the right to provide any and all information you submit to the website, and all such information is accurate, true, current, and complete.
AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE
You acknowledge that there may be interruptions in service or events that are beyond our control.
We shall use reasonable efforts to keep the website accessible, the website may be unavailable from time to time for any reason including, without limitation, routine maintenance.
You understand and acknowledge that due to circumstances both within and outside of our control, the website access may be interrupted, suspended, or terminated.
Support Shrewsbury BID retains the right at our sole discretion to deny service, or access to the Site to anyone or an account, at any time and for any reason.
OWNERSHIP OF THE WEBSITE AND PLAGIARISM
The content and information on the website (“Content”) as well as the infrastructure used to provide the Content, is proprietary to us and other partners.
You agree not to modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell or re-sell any information, software, Goods or Services advertised on or obtained from or through the website.
TRANSMISSION OF INFORMATION
As we do not control the security of the Internet or other networks you use to access the website or communicate with us, we cannot be, and are not responsible for, the security of information that you choose to communicate with Shrewsbury BID and the website while it is being transmitted. Shrewsbury BID shall not be responsible for any data lost during transmission.
YOUR CONDUCT ON OUR WEBSITES
- submitting any deliberately inaccurate information, committing fraud or falsifying information;
- attempting to, or actually accessing data not intended for you, such as logging into a server or an account which you are not authorised to access;
- attempting to scan, or test the security or configuration of the website or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorisation;
- tampering or interfering with the proper functioning of any part, page, or area of the website and any and all functions and services provided by Shrewsbury BID;
- attempting to interfere with service to any user in any manner, including, without limitation, by means of submitting a virus to our website, or attempts at overloading, “flooding”, “spamming”, “mail bombing” or “crashing” the Shrewsbury BID websites, accessing any auto response functions to enable you to access, control or use any messaging facility;
- using the website or any content to advertise or solicit, for any other commercial, political or religious purpose, or to compete, directly or indirectly with Shrewsbury BID, without Shrewsbury BID’s prior written consent;
- reselling or repurposing your access to the Shrewsbury BID Sites for the benefit of any other person, party, or business;
- using the website or any of its resources to solicit Shrewsbury BID members, merchants or other business partners of Shrewsbury BID to become users or partners of any other online or offline services directly or indirectly competitive or potentially competitive with Shrewsbury BID;
- using any Shrewsbury BID member information that is not your information from the Shrewsbury BID website for any commercial purpose, including, but not limited to, marketing;
- using any Shrewsbury BID account to offer speculative, false, fraudulent advertising, communication, or inducement or for any other purpose not expressly permitted by agreement between you and Shrewsbury BID;
- accessing, monitoring, or copying any content or information from any Shrewsbury BID website using any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means or any manual process for any purpose without our express written permission;
- acting illegally or maliciously against the business interests or reputation of Shrewsbury BID, our members or our services; or
- hyperlinking to any Shrewsbury BID website from any other website without our initial and ongoing consent writing and in provided in advance.
This website and other websites operated by Shrewsbury BID take no responsibility for the delivery of any Goods or Services advertised including any vouchers/products/goods/services/experiences or anything else sold by third party businesses/members/advertisers on the Support Shrewsbury website. It is the responsibility of each advertising business/member to:
– ensure Voucher Reference Codes, amount purchased, period of validity and any other relevant identifying information is recorded accurately once a purchase is made by a customer;
– adhere to the Voucher Redemption best practice guide;
– record partial or full voucher spend ensuring any remaining voucher amount is recorded for future use by the customer;
– comply with GDPR when recording any information regarding the customer;
– understand vouchers are non-transferable and must not be re-sold;
– ensure vouchers are only sold when the business is trading, solvent and is likely to be remain so for the period of the validity of the voucher.
For all other Goods and Services (including but not limited to any products, goods, services, or experiences):
– ensure goods, services or experiences purchased via the Support Shrewsbury platform are delivered as advertised by the business to the customer;
– record full details of any purchase made to ensure delivery is adhered to;
– comply with GDPR when recording any information regarding the customer.
It is the businesses responsibility to ensure that records of voucher codes are kept accurate and up to date. Support Shrewsbury is a platform only advertising and marketing service and we shall not be liable for any voucher use or misuse.
Each business advertising on the website expressly agrees to ensure a 14 days cancellation period exists enabling any consumer to cancel their order unless these Goods or Services are exempt from the statutory protections or the client as expressly invited the service to commence within the 14 day period thus waiving their rights under consumer protection legislation. Any Goods or Services which the business believes are exempt must carry notice of this in the website advert to ensure the reputation of Supporting Shrewsbury, Shrewsbury BID and other members of the website are not undermined.
This is in addition to confirming their own compliance with the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013. Each business advertising on the website is declaring their compliance with the regulations.
- Each user of the website is responsible for their own online security.
- Each business advertising on the website shall use their best endeavours to ensure no bank details, credit card details or personal details of any consumers are compromised due to their own systems or failures and shall report any fraud or similar problems to Shrewsbury BID to ensure the reputation of the website is not compromised.
COPYRIGHT POLICY AND PROCEDURES
Shrewsbury BID reserves the right to terminate its agreement with you or any other End User who infringes third-party copyrights.
If you believe that any material has been posted via the Shrewsbury BID Sites by an End User in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you shall provide Shrewsbury BID with the following information:
– an electronic or physical signature of the person authorised to act on behalf of the owner of the copyrighted work;
– identification of the copyrighted work and the location on the Shrewsbury BID Sites of the allegedly infringing work;
– if requested a written statement that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorised by the owner, its agent, or the law;
– your name and contact information, including telephone number and e-mail address; and
– a statement by you that the above information in your notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner or authorised to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
DISCLAIMER OR WARRANTY
You expressly agree that use of the Site is at your sole risk. Shrewsbury BID does not warrant that use of the Site will be uninterrupted or error free; nor do they make any warranty as to
the results that may be obtained from use of the Site; or
the accuracy, completeness, reliability, or content of any information (including, but not limited to, product descriptions), service, products, experiences, or vouchers provided through the Site.
The Site and all content, statements (as defined below) and other information contained on the Site, and products and services accessible or available through the site are made accessible or available on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
Shrewsbury BID hereby disclaims any and all representations, warranties and conditions, whether express or implied, as to the operation of the website or the content, statements or other information contained on the website, or the Goods and Services accessible or available through the Site, including, but not limited to those of title noninfringement, merchantability, and fitness for a particular purpose.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Shrewsbury BID shall not be liable for any:
loss of revenue;
loss of actual or anticipated profits;
loss of contracts;
loss of the use of money;
loss of anticipated savings;
loss of business;
loss of opportunity;
loss of goodwill;
loss of reputation;
loss of, damage to, or corruption of data; and
Shrewsbury BID’s total liability to you or any third party under these Terms of Business shall in no circumstances exceed, in aggregate, a sum equal to £50.
COMMUNICATIONS AND MARKETING
You may have the opportunity to request additional information about Shrewsbury BID’s services, register for member newsletters, or otherwise make inquiries by submitting your business contact information through the Site. You agree that we may use your contact information to provide you with the information you requested. We may also use your contact information to confirm your identity, solicit your views on our services, develop new offers and promotions, and for market research. We always reserve the right to disclose contact information and personal data in order to:
comply with applicable laws;
respond to governmental enquiries (or enquiries from a legal, governmental, or quasi-governmental or local authority agency or Internet protection agency of any type);
comply with a valid legal process or procedure;
protect our rights or property, this Website, and/or other users of this Website;
seek specialist advice (including but not limited to knowhow, skills, expertise, financial, accounting, and legal services) for the benefit of Shrewsbury BID and/or its members;
we will never sell or rent your contact details or personal information to anyone else for their marketing purposes without your consent.
Any information you provide to us will be stored in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018.
WEBSITES OF OTHERS
The website may contain links to websites maintained by other parties not affiliated with Shrewsbury BID. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and not because we endorse or have an opinion about the contents on such websites.
We expressly disclaim any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such websites or the privacy practices of those websites.
If you decide to access websites maintained by other parties, you do so at your own risk.
PUBLIC NATURE OF YOUR STATEMENTS
You are solely responsible for your interactions with your customers and other users of the Shrewsbury BID websites. To the extent permitted under applicable laws, you hereby release Shrewsbury BID from any and all claims or liability related to any Goods or Service you provide or offer to End Users, your Statements, any action or inaction by you, including your failure to comply with applicable law and/or failure to abide by the terms of an offer, and any conduct or speech, whether online or offline, of any other user or merchant.
This Agreement (and all non-contractual relationships between you and us) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and all parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
You are contracting with Shrewsbury Business Improvement District (Shrewsbury BID) for the website and advertisement only. Correspondence should be directed to Shrewsbury BID, Windsor House, Windsor Place, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY1 2BY, United Kingdom. All Goods and Services supplied to consumers are provided by the identified advertiser and their Terms of Business may additionally apply to any transaction between you.
Shrewsbury BID will not be liable for any default or delay in the performance of its obligations under these Terms of Business due to acts of God, terrorism, natural disasters, earthquakes, fire, riots, floods, pandemics and other similar events, to the extent such event is beyond Shrewsbury BID’s reasonable control.